Our class is named after Tim Peake.
Tim was selected as a European Space Agency astronaut in May 2009. He had to learn the Russian language in addition to understanding the science and engineering of spaceflight. He was the first British ESA astronaut to visit the International Space Station and spent six months in space, taking part in over 250 scientific experiments during his mission. As an ambassador for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Tim is passionate about inspiring the next generation of scientists, engineers and explorers.
Our Quest Primary Learning Behaviours help us achieve greatness every day in our own learning and personal development, by replicating some of the traits that great explorers like Peake demonstrate. These are:
- To be curious about what we are learning and why
- To have a thirst for discovering new knowledge
- To show courage and challenge ourselves when we are learning
- To persevere with our goals and never give up
- To have the resilience to overcome obstacles that we encounter in our work
- To be determined in everything we do
- To believe in ourselves and what we can achieve.