What support will there be for pupils with medical needs?
- If a pupil has a medical need, then a detailed Health Care Plan is compiled with support from the Health Service in consultation with parents/carers. These are discussed with all staff who are involved with the pupil.
- Staff receive EpiPen training when required.
- Training for specific medical needs such as Diabetes, Epilepsy, Sickle Cell
- Where necessary and in agreement with parents/carers medicines are administered in school but only where a signed Medicine consent form is in place to ensure the safety of both child and staff member.
- A number of staff have basic first aid training, including specialism in first aid at work or paediatric first aid.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!