In the first instance you should speak to your child’s class teacher. Opportunities are made to speak to the class teacher every day after school or contact the school office […]
On an individual level, the school values the views of both parents and children in both identifying key strengths and areas of need as well as planning and reviewing provision.
Our SENDCO will make contact with the Year 7 leader or SENDCO once a school has been named to start planning for transition.
Multi-agency meetings maybe arranged to create a more […]
An information sharing meeting will take place with the receiving teacher.
If appropriate there will be opportunities for your child to visit the new class and meet the teacher and other […]
We will contact the School SENDCO and share information about special arrangements and support that has been made to help your child achieve their learning goals
We will sure that all […]
The SENDCO and or EYFS staff will contact the pre-school setting to seek information about the nature and level of needs for pupils identified with SEND and the provision that […]
Children and young people with SEND can become particularly anxious about starting school or moving on to a new class or school. The school will seek to reduce any anxieties […]
The school works with a number of external agencies to seek advice and support to ensure that the needs of all children are fully understood and met. These include:
Activities and school trips are available to all.
- Risk assessments are carried out and procedures are put in place to enable all children to participate.
- However, if it is deemed […]
- If a pupil has a medical need, then a detailed Health Care Plan is compiled with support from the Health Service in consultation with parents/carers. These are discussed with […]
The school offers a wide variety of pastoral support for pupils who are encountering emotional difficulties. These include:
- Members of staff, such as the class teachers, Pupil & Family Support […]
- The class teacher may suggest ways of how you can support your child.
- The SENDCO may meet with you to discuss how to support your child with strategies to […]