Our class is named after Bear Grylls. He is famous for being a British adventurer and has made many television programmes about survival in the wild. He is the Chief Scout for the UK helping children learn new skills, be kind to all people and make a difference in their communities. He climbed Mount Everest when he was 23 making him one of the youngest people ever to do so and has been on many adventures to places that are difficult to reach.
Our Quest Primary Learning Behaviours help us achieve greatness every day in our own learning and personal development, by replicating some of the traits that great explorers like Grylls demonstrate. These are:
- To be curious about what we are learning and why
- To have a thirst for discovering new knowledge
- To show courage and challenge ourselves when we are learning
- To persevere with our goals and never give up
- To have the resilience to overcome obstacles that we encounter in our work
- To be determined in everything we do
- To believe in ourselves and what we can achieve.