Our class is named after Sunita Williams. She is an American astronaut who is famous for her missions to the International Space Station which combined lasted for 321 days, making her time in space the second longest ever by a woman. She also completed seven space walks. She was also the first person to ever complete a marathon in space. Before she was an astronaut, Williams was a United States Navy officer.
Our Quest Primary Learning Behaviours help us achieve greatness every day in our own learning and personal development, by replicating some of the traits that great explorers like Williams demonstrate. These are:
- To be curious about what we are learning and why
- To have a thirst for discovering new knowledge
- To show courage and challenge ourselves when we are learning
- To persevere with our goals and never give up
- To have the resilience to overcome obstacles that we encounter in our work
- To be determined in everything we do
- To believe in ourselves and what we can achieve.